CIEL Hotels & Resorts
Long Beach Hotel awarded "Food Waste Champion" title by Travelife
Long Beach Hotel, 5-star hotel from Sun Resorts has been awarded the "Food Waste Champion" title by Travelife, a certification program that gives hotels, travel businesses and resorts acknowledgement for their sustainable efforts (social, economic and environmental) in the tourism industry.
5 Sustainable initiatives by Long Beach Hotel
- Leftover food used to make stock for sauces and soups
- Unused butter and milk used to make pastries
- Remaining food waste used to produce the hotel's own fertiliser which is used in the organic herb and vegetable garden of the hotel
- Own beehive to produce honey
- Collection of waste, in collaboration with a local charity, to feed pigs
These collective efforts have seen a 111,657 m3 reduction of carbon dioxide, 1,463,421 m3 of water savings.